Embroidered MRI slices

February 17, 2009

Two embroidered MRI slices
I’m working on a piece where I embroider several of the slices from my knee MRI, and here are the first two. I really like how this project is going to turn out.

Comments (12) | More: Blog, Fiber, Portfolio, Projects

12 Responses to “Embroidered MRI slices”

1. Lenore says:

Please, please say you’re going to do the olive loaf one, too!

2. Wow. That’s absolutely fantastic. Beautiful work. Novel idea.

3. Jennifer says:

My two loves are craft (hobby) and orthopedics (profession). I cannot believe someone has successfully combined the two.

4. Becky Stern says:

@Lenore not for this series, it has to do with how I’m going to mount them! But I will do it, don’t worry. =]

5. Mal* says:

Holy cow — this is amazing. As an art therapist who works in a hospital setting, this one just SINGS to me. I love it! What a way to connect life’s dots!

6. Michaela says:

I absolutely LOVE this!!! I too love crafts and anatomy–totally genius.

7. Denise says:

Reminds me of my medical/anatomical embroidery works on flickr

8. John says:

Fantastic job, I love the textures you brought out in it. A few more and you can make an embroidered flip book that scans through your knee. BTW, where is the broken bit?

9. Nicole says:

OMG this is so fantastic. Also, hope your knee is ok!

10. aurora says:

That is brilliant! I think you should totally branch out and do more body parts- the heart or liver perhaps? Bicep? Glutes?

I’d love to see one of those designs done on a cushion cover or towels or something. great job!

11. sarebear says:

That is knee-t-o!!! (not counting needing an MRI in the first place; hope you are ok now).

I like someone’s idea of the flip book . . . . just blogged about this, briefly! I love the juxtaposition!!

12. Oh wow. I am so impressed. By the concept and by the execution.